I wanted to make this for a breakfast we had at work today and I had to really start thinking about it because it’s been over a year or even two since I’ve made it. Luckily it is a fairly easy recipe to make so with a little bit of searching I remembered how I make it and now I’m getting it down on (web) paper so I can always go to it.
I made a white sauce instead of a canned soup because I like to prepare everything from scratch but I put the can of soup in there because it makes it a whole heck of a lot easier. There’s a link to my basic white sauce recipe at the bottom of this post.
Grease a 9×13 casserole dish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
What You Need:
· 4 – 5 Baking potatoes (sliced thin)
· 2-3 cups Ham – diced or whatever
· 1 med. Onion – diced
· 1 can Cream of potato soup (or whatever cream soup you like) (18-19 oz can)
· 2-3 c. Cheese (Sharp Cheddar, Colby-Jack, whatever you like)
Salt and Pepper to taste
What You Do:
1. Saute the onions and ham.
2. Line the bottom on the dish with 1/3 of the potatoes
3. Add 1/3 of the ham and onions
4. Add 1/3 of the soup
5. Add 1/3 of the cheese
6. Do that again 2 more times to make 3 layers.
7. Cook covered for an hour. Uncover and broil until brown on top
Click Here for my basic White Sauce Recipe