I have this here mainly for the Red Curry Sauce but I figured the fish sounded good too. Could probably use just about anything.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 12 sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 tbsps curry paste (red thai)
- 14 ozs coconut milk
- 12 ozs monkfish (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps chopped cilantro
- Heat peanut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in chopped onion, and cook until softened and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and continue to cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, until softened. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Once coconut milk begins to simmer, stir in cubed monkfish, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is firm and the center is no longer opaque. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, and cilantro before serving.