What You Need:
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
2 small potatoes
5 small tomatoes
1 red or yellow pepper
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary, wild fennel are all good choices – either individually or combined in some form)
4 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more to taste
You can use any vegetables you want: Mushrooms, Grape Tomatoes, Green Beans – whatever you have on hand. This is an easy dish so don’t over complicate it.
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Dice all the vegetables into pieces that are approx. the same size.
3. Pile the vegetables into a baking dish so that the vegetables lie a few
4. Season with salt, pepper and herbs to taste and then pour the olive oil over the vegetables.
5. Mix thoroughly but gently making sure oil and seasonings are distributed evenly
6. Put the dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
7. Halfway through the cooking process, remove the dish from the oven and very gently stir.
8. Towards the end of the cooking process, stir a second time.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Check for seasoning and serve.