Ok, this is no mystery and needs to be one of your standards you make without a recipe. I’ll put un-precise measurements in this recipe to give you a guideline but after that, add whatever you want to your potatoes. Notice that if you add a WHOLE BUNCH more milk you basically have Potato Soup – at least a start for Potato Soup. Remember, this is EASY and pretty quick. I like my Mashed Potatoes lumpy so I use a potato masher but if you like them creamy, then use a hand-held mixer and get every lump outta there.
What you will need:
4 Lg. Russet Potatoes
½ stick Butter (or more if you want)
1/2 + c. Milk (Whole or whatever) (Almond if you like)
Salt to taste (maybe a teaspoon)
Black Pepper to taste ( maybe ½ teaspoon)
What you do:
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in 1-inch cubes (dice-sized)
2. Boil the potatoes in a big pan of water for about 15-20 minutes. (until soft)
3. Drain the potatoes then put back in hot pot to let steam come off.
4. Add the butter and mash or beat while adding the milk
5. Keep doing this until you have the consistency you want.
6. Add the Salt and Pepper to taste.
That’s all there is to it and even if you mess them up they are still pretty darn good. So keep trying until you get them the way you want them.