This recipe comes from www.thedomesticman.com where my wife found it one day. He has an inspiring story and you should visit his site and read about him. He came up with this recipe to mimic the Chipotle’s Chicken Bowl Chicken. I had never been to a Chipotle’s (living in Jackson Mississippi makes that difficult), but we were in Atlanta one week-end and decided to try it. Frankly, this recipe is far better than the Chipotle’s chicken. I wasn’t that impressed with Chipotle’s even though I fully support their ideals.
This is easy and quick and really good. He has the recipe for the rice that I’ll post another time.
What You’ll Need:
2 ½ lbs Chicken (boneless, skinless thighs)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 ¼ c. Olive Oil
1 TB Chipotle Chile Powder
½ tsp. Oregano (dried)
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. White Vinegar
1 tsp. Lime Juice
What You Do:
1. Blend all of the chicken ingredients (minus the chicken!)
2. Mix them with the chicken and marinate overnight.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet (preferably) to medium high heat
4. Put the oven on 425 Degrees
5. Sear the chicken 3 minutes on each side
6. Put pan in oven and cook for 12 minutes