This is extremely easy but people will love you for it. Make it anytime, it’s quick and easy and a real crowd pleaser.
What You Need:
1 pkg. Dry Yeast (2 ¼ TB)
1 ¼ c. Warm Water ( wrist temperature)
½ TB Salt
½ TB Butter (melted)
3 ½ c. Bread Flour
1 Egg White
1 TB Cold Water
What You Do:
1. Using an electric mixer with a dough hook, combine the yeast and
warm water and mix for 2 minutes to dissolve the yeast.
2. Add the salt, butter, and flour. With the mixer on low, mix until the dough
starts to come together.
3. Increase the speed to medium-high and mix until the dough comes away
from the sides of the bowl and crawls up to dough hook.
4. Let dough sit in a greased bowl in a warm place for 1 hour.
( or until doubled)
5. Divide dough into 4.
6. Roll each one into your desired “French Bread” shape.
7. Sprinkle a cookie sheet with cornmeal and put your dough on the sheet.
8. Cover for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
9. Bake for about 45 minutes or until they are hollow.
10. Mix the Egg White and Water together
11. Brush the loaves with the Egg White Mixture
When they come out of the oven set three aside. The fourth one is not the lucky one because now you pounce on the warm loaf armed with butter and a knife. Proceed to eat the bread until you JUST CAN’T EAT ANY MORE!