We got this recipe from thedomesticman.com and didn’t really change anything about it. It is fairly easy to make and there are a couple of things you can do the day before or that morning to make it even easier. We ladled it over some brown rice and had a very nice meal.
4 Tablespoons is a lot of paprika but when you think that paprika is just
a dried, ground-up sweet pepper then it becomes more of an ingredient than a spice. Chili Powder, on the other hand, is usually a dried, ground up sweet or hot pepper with other spices added for heat and flavor.
What You Can Do Ahead:
1. Slice the Onions and Peppers
2. Mix ½ the Paprika, Margoram, Chicken Broth and Wine
What You Will Need:
1.5 lbs Chicken thighs or drumsticks
1 Lg. Oonion (sliced)
1 Red bell pepper (sliced)
4 clove Garlic, minced
4 TB Butter
2 TB Paprika
1 tsp. Marjoram (or Oregano)
½ tsp. Each Salt and Pepper
1 c. Chicken broth
¼ c. White Wine (or Chicken Broth)
¼ c. Sour Cream
What You Do:
1. Sprinkle the Chicken with Salt and Pepper
2. Brown the Chicken for 6 minutes on each side. Set aside.
3. Saute the onions for 5 min.
4. Add the Pepper and sauté for 5 min.
5. Pour Paprika mixture in Pan. Add the Chicken back.
6. Cover and let simmer for 45 min. to an hour
7. Take the chicken out of the sauce and cover.
8. Add the rest of the Paprika and stir
8. Add a little of the hot sauce to the Sour Cream to temper it.
9. Add the Sour Cream to the sauce.
10. Pour the sauce over the Chicken
This is an easy but great recipe you can impress family and friends with!