This recipe came from “I breathe…I’m hungry…”. Great site for recipes. It looked interesting so I decided to try it. The only thing I did different was to omit the bleu cheese because it is one of the few foods I just can’t stand. (sweet potatoes being the other).
What You Need:
For the Meatballs
· 1lb ground chicken or turkey
· 2 oz cream cheese, softened
· 2 eggs
· 2 Tbl chopped celery
· 3 Tbl crumbled blue cheese
· 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Sauce
· 1/2 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter
· 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
What You Do:
1. Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl. The mix will be sticky and gooey but that’s normal.
2. Form into about 1 inch balls
3. Place them on a greased cookie sheet (with sides) and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 10 minutes.
4. Melt the butter and Frank’s together on the stove or in the microwave.
5. After 10 minutes, remove balls from oven and dunk carefully (they are tender from the cream cheese and could fall apart if you are too rough) in the buffalo sauce.
6. Put back onto the cookie sheet and bake for another 12 minutes
These were very easy to make. I fried them for the first cooking just because I felt like using my cast-iron pan, then coated them with the sauce and baked them another 12 minutes. These were great! We really enjoyed them and can’t wait to have them again.