I forget where I got this from but it is really, really good and I can’t wait to have it again. It follows my rule of being easy but I’m not going to call it easy because there are a few steps. I put it together in about 25 min. so I won’t categorize it as fast either but it wasn’t that bad. This is a heckuva good salad – so simple but so good.
What you need:
2 Lg. Carrots – diced
1 Lb. Ground Chuck
1/4 cup Blackberry Allfruit (or whatever you like)
Soy Sauce to taste
1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
3 TB Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
4 c. Shredded Napa Cabbage
4 Scallions – sliced
1 c. Cilantro Leaves
What you do:
1. Brown Meat over med-high heat (5-6 min.) with the carrots
2. Add Jam and Soy and mix all up
1. Whisk the Vinegar, Oil, Salt and Pepper to make the dressing
1. You can probably guess this. Mix all the salad stuff together
2. Mix the dressing with the salad
Put the Salad on the plate and top with beef and anything crunchy that sounds good. We put cashews on it but toasted sesame seeds or sunflower seeds or almonds would be good too.
It is a delicious salad. The sweet in the beef mixture mixes nicely with the tart dressing. I thought you could add some fried shallots but it was great the way it was.