1 c. diced pancetta or bacon
1 onion – diced
1 carrot – diced
1 rib celery – diced
2 cl. Garlic – minced
Season to taste
4 c. Swiss Chard or Spinach – sliced
3 ½ TB Butter
3 ½ TB Flour
3 ¼ c. chicken stock
2 c. cooked white beans – rinsed
- Brown the pancetta (or bacon)
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a paper towel to drain
- Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet and sauté. Season with salt. Cook until softened
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 min.
- Add greens to skillet. Let it wilt. Season with salt and pepper
- Take all contents of pan to a bowl.
- Melt butter in skillet. Make a roux by whisking in flour. Cook until lightly browned stirring constantly.
- Whisk in ½ cup Stock until absorbed. Repeat with another ½ cup. Whisk in the rest of the stock.
- Let simmer for about 10 min. until nicely thickened.
- Add veggies and beans back to skillet. You can add the meat now or garnish with it. Heat through for 10 minutes